Entrepreneurs who are not technology-savvy have this feeling that only big businesses deserve and can afford a website. On the contrary, small businesses should ride the bandwagon and get their own websites running for an effective local marketing strategy.
Do not be scared of technology because it can be a valuable ally in implementing any local marketing plan. As for websites, you need not break the bank in order to create a customized and professional website for your business. You only need to hire the right professionals and then add some creative juices to your campaign.
Here are some guidelines to make your business website an effective local marketing tool:
1. When a potential customer uses a search engine to find a business, they will most often choose one from the first two pages that displays. Getting your business to be visible to your customer can often depend on your ranking on these search engines. Making information about your business and site readily available, and using keywords, can get you ranked higher on a search and, most importantly, seen.
2. You may already have an existing website but if it is not getting the desired traffic and exposure you need, then you may have to give it a new look. Most people believe that a nice-looking website with lots of graphics is enough to get the attention of their customers. However, you need to make your website SEO-friendly so it is easily crawled by the search engines. Even the color of your website and the font type and size used can make or break your Local marketing strategy.
3. Potential customers have certain expectations when searching for products and services. Your website should capture the essence of what your business offers. Classy, well presented sites that are user friendly will be more attractive to your customers and keep them coming back.
4. To avoid distracting your readers, avoid using graphics that take precedence over the written material. Focus your efforts on quality work and information that is interesting to the reader and which provides value. Nobody likes reading material that is lacking or leaves the reader asking empty questions. Again, the information is more important than your image.
5. To avoid having your site ignored all together, be sure not to use to many keywords. Search engines are particularly picky with how many keywords are mentioned in an article. Use the right amount of keywords for your site will greatly benefit your local marketing strategies.
There are many different SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques used by local marketing experts, but the most appropriate strategy will always produce the best results for your business. Ethical or “white hat” SEO strategies are highly recommended so that you don’t get penalized by Google and other search engines.
See more traffic, leads and sales from your local marketing and understand exactly how the search engines see your website by visiting Macro Marketing Solutions today for a free personalized website evaluation. Grab a totally unique version of this article from the Uber Article Directory.
Note: This is a third party post on my blog. I do not endorse nor do I receive any compensation from any links displayed on this post.